[immodule-qt] Installing QT immodule

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:24:24 EEST 2005

please visit www.scim-im.org to read a rough setup guide

As stated in the wiki page in scim-im.org:
The Qt IM Module support is experimental now, and it (the qt-immodule
patch) is not included in all (or even most) distros. If you can not
find a Qt with IM Module support built-in for your favorite
distribution, chances are that you have to setup your Qt work with XIM
(like other X based apps). In that case, XMODIFIERS have to be setup
correctly for any KDE/Qt apps to work with SCIM.

Regards,
Cougar

On 5/12/05, Gora Mohanty <gora_mohanty at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I have been using SCIM, UIM, IIIMF, and the m17n
> library to input text in various Indian languages.
> Everything compiled and installed properly for GTK,
> and the input methods work fine for gedit. I would
> like to do the same for QT so that I can use KDE
> programs (does OpenOffice also depend on
> qt-immodule?),
> but am unable to figure out how to download and
> install the patch. I already have the source for QT.
> A Google search for qt-immodule led me to
> <http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fimmodule_2dqt>
> and what purports to be the download page:
> <http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fImmoduleQtDownload>
> but there seems to be something wrong. Instead of
> links under the headers I see only something that
> looks like a script gone wrong, e.g., under "'Unified'
> patches (stable)", the first bullet shows up as
> [[%ATTACHURL%/qt-x11-immodule-unified-qt3.3.3-20040910.diff.gz][qt-x11-immodule-unified-qt3.3.3-20040910.diff.gz]]
> but there is no link. The svn checkout method also
> does not work for me. The suggested command:
> svn checkout
> http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/immqt/immodule-qt-x11/trunk
> immodule-qt-x11/trunk
> returns the error message:
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on
> '/svn/immqt/immodule-qt-x11/trunk'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/immqt/immodule-qt-x11/trunk':
> could not connect to server
> (http://freedesktop.org:8080)
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,