[immodule-qt] QInputContext Implementation

manish.s.sharma at nokia.com manish.s.sharma at nokia.com
Tue Jul 22 04:43:54 PDT 2008

Hi All,

For quite some time I am working on QInputContext implementation. I want
to implement this interface to make my own Input Method to do some
specific actions when the text is entered in a text editor. I searched a
lot on internet, but I cant find any example or way to implement.

Now I have implemented this class and attached this input context to a
QTextEdit with setInputContext. But I am not able to get any callback
when keys are pressed, though I am getting callback on reset() and
setFocusWidget function when focus on the QTextEdit changes.

I am not able to start the communication between Widget and Input
Context. What is the use of inputMethodEvent? I think when we send any
event from input context this function in a widget should get a call.
What are QInputMethodEvent? How do I use this?

I have attached the source code.

Please help me. I cant find any reference :(, very eager to get response
from you.

Thanks & Regards,
Manish