[immodule-qt] QInputContext Implementation

manish.s.sharma at nokia.com manish.s.sharma at nokia.com
Thu Jul 24 06:10:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I am very new to Qt and I am really sorry for posting such an immature
code on forum. As suggested by you I just had a look at the
QXIMInputContext and here are some of my observations and questions.

A) Widget to InputContext conversation:
	1) I think there is some callback we have to introduce for the
widget to inform input context about different states. Are those
callback functions are already 	implemented? Or are those functions we
have to implement based on Operating System we are using?

	2) What is the use of filterEvent functions? From the trolltech
documents it seems that we should get callbacks for the keypress at this
function, But I am not 	getting any callbacks. Any guess on this?

B) InputContext to Widget conversation:
	1) I am able to send some events from InputContext to Widget
with sendEvent function ( with unexpected behavior :) ). Is there any
other way to send information 	to Widget?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

(I have qt-win-opensource-src-4.4.0-rc1 version installed in my PC.)

Awaiting for the response.

Please help,
Manish