[Mesa-dev] shader stencil export v(x+1)

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:42:06 PDT 2010

Okay I've pushed another iteration of the gallium + mesa + softpipe +
r600g changes for accelerated stencil rendering to

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=gallium-stencil-export

Quick patch summary by area: I've marked two mesa ones as needing some
competent review.

Gallium:
add TGSI stencil semantic + capability
add support for S8X24_USCALED, X24S8_USCALED,
add sampler support for S8,
and format support only for X32_S8X24_USCALED

mesa:
add FRAG_RESULT_STENCIL
improve the texstore handlers for S8Z24 and Z24S8 (!!!!please review!!!!)
add a texstore handler for S8 (!!!!! please review !!!!!)

softpipe:
add support for using shader stencil references

mesa/st:
add an option to allow a texture format to be picked we can't render to (for S8)
use the shader stencil support to accel the drawpixels path

r600g:
add support for S8X24/X24S8, and S8
add support for writing stencil shader.

mesa: (need to write tests)(but I'd like to push without these if
possible and get back to them later).
add support for the GL extension to GLSL/mesa (!!!!! need GLSL review !!!!!)

Dave.