X11R6.8.2 maintenance release plans and call for comments.

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Oct 26 14:21:39 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 15:13, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Kristian, Donny, Torry, Mike, Roland, Daniel, Alan and Leon have been
> discussing details of stable release policies in the Release Wrangler's
> list; we need to strike a good balance of convenience vs. rigor here.
> A serious strawman of policy was written by Kristian here:
> http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/release-wranglers/2004-October/001070.html

I thought Kristian's proposal was pretty solid.  Torrey had raised the
objection that the requirement for a bug number for each change might be
excessive.  Personally bugzilla is so integrated with my workflow that I
don't see this as an issue.  I would at minimum like for each change to
include _some_ external reference, be that a link to a message in the mail
archives, or a distributor bug number, or whatever.  I can deal with that
being a SHOULD rather than a MUST though.

Other than that I don't have any objections to the proposed policy.

- ajax