[SCIM] New scim-hangul implementation plan

Choe Hwanjin choe.hwanjin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 20:43:13 PST 2004

Hi.
I have a plan to reimplement scim-hangul with newer hangul composing
routine, libhangul.
You can get more information about libhangul here:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/hangul/

Newer hangul input routine is easier and cleaner than before, I think ;)
1. Remove manual mode
  This is unneeded feature for almost every users.
2. Remove trigger key config
  Trigger key is for imhangul, which is process either english(or
other latin scripts) and hangul. So imhangul process trigger keys, but
scim-hangul does not need to do so. On SCIM, non-hangul languages
should be inputed by other language engine.
3. Remove capslock feature
  Imhangul does not have control panel, so it uses caplock key to
expand its function. But scim-hangul has control panel, so I will use
control panel instead of implicit hot key to change input mode.

If anybody does not object to me, I will do it.