[SCIM] Problems in running scim

Rodolfo Medina romeomedina at libero.it
Fri Dec 24 08:47:14 PST 2004

Hi.

I just installed scim into my Mandrake Linux 9.1.
The installation seemed to be successful,
but when I try to run scim I got the following message:

scim: error while loading shared libraries: libscim-1.0.so.0: cannot open

. Could anyone point out what the problem is?
And please, since the scim guide in internet is not available in English,
could anyone indicate the necessary operations to configure the system
in order to make scim work properly?
Since I am quite a newbie, I'd need step by step elementary indications.

Thanks in advance,
Rodolfo