[SCIM] SCIM and GTK+ 2.4

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Mon May 3 11:53:30 EST 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:37:23AM +0800, James Su wrote:
> >I've heard people compile SCIM against GTK+ 2.4 and everything works
> >fine.  However I've also heard people reporting that scim packages
> >compiled against GTK+ 2.2 in Debian unstable break when they upgrade to
> >GTK+ 2.4 in Debian experimental.
> >
> Hi,
>  SCIM uses a internal api in gtk 2.2 which has changed in gtk 2.4. So
> if you want to upgrade gtk to 2.4, you must recompile SCIM in the new
> system.

I see.  I'll put this into Wiki (and my Debian package FAQ).  May I ask
which API is this?  I would really like to keep binary compatibility for
Debian packages, so I may have a look at it.

Thanks,
Ming
2004.05.02

Wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.  The ordinary telegraph
is like a very long cat.  You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in
Los Angeles.  The wireless is the same, only without the cat.
                                                       --- Albert Einstein