[SCIM] Re: SCIM 1.1.1 is available for testing.

Mike FABIAN mfabian@suse.de
Mon Jan 10 23:41:10 PST 2005

UTUMI Hirosi <utuhiro78@yahoo.co.jp> さんは書きました:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:46:24 +0800
> Zhe Su <james.su@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   I can't reproduct this issue on my system. Which version of m17n are
>> you using?
>
> m17n-lib-1.2.0
> m17n-db-1.2.0
> libotf-0.9.3

same in my system.

> scim-1.1.1
> scim-m17n-cvs20050104

CVS snapshot from Monday.

This doesn't appear to be a new bug, it also happens with

mike@kibou:~$ rpm -q m17n-lib m17n-db scim libotf
m17n-lib-1.1.0.20041221-1.1
m17n-db-1.1.0.20041223-0.1
scim-1.0.2-0.1
libotf-0.9.2-2
mike@kibou:~$

I think it may depend on the font settings. On my system I could see
that the characters with different indentation were also displayed
with a different font. I could see 3 different indentations which
corresponded to 3 different fonts.

Characters which are not in a Japanese font but only in a Chinese font
are indented differently.

As I run in ja_JP.UTF-8 locale, the "sans" alias expands to a Japanese
font.

If I change the default and choose a Chinese font which has all the
characters like FZSongTi, the problem disappears.

I guess that's the reason why you cannot reproduce it, you are
probably using a Chinese font.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian@suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。