[SCIM] RE: Japanese Keyboard layout

Amish Rughoonundon (RIT Student) axr0284@rit.edu
Wed Jan 12 07:51:29 PST 2005

Hi,
 I tried installing scim-anthy but it said that I don't have anthy.h
I have been trying to download and install that but it seems there is a couple of version of anthy package floating around and I don't know which one to get and install. By the way I am using Slackware 10.0. Thanks for the help,
Amish

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Mike FABIAN [mailto:mfabian@suse.de]
	Sent: Fri 1/7/2005 1:35 PM
	To: Amish Rughoonundon (RIT Student)
	Cc: scim@freedesktop.org
	Subject: Re: Japanese Keyboard layout

	"Amish Rughoonundon (RIT Student)" <axr0284@rit.edu> さんは書きました:

	>  I was wondering if there was a way to be able to type in japanese
	>  characters one at a time when I type the corresponding key. So q
	>  would map onto a character and w would map onto another following
	>  the Hiragana/Katakana (JIS layout). Thanks

	Yes.

	You can use scim-anthy or uim-anthy via scim-uim to achieve that.
	Both input methods have a button in the scim-panel where you
	can switch between

	     ローマ字   (romaji layout)
	   かな        (JIS layout)

	uim-anthy even offers yet another layout called AZIK.

	--
	Mike FABIAN   <mfabian@suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
	睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。