[SCIM] Mind to update scim-tables-zh?

Roy Chan voidoo@gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 15:25:48 PST 2005

Dear James, Osamu and Ming Hua,

James might remember me that I have submit modified version of Quick
input method and Cangjie 3rd generation input method tables for SCIM
last Nov. Indeed, I also represent HKLUG (http://www.linux.org.hk) and
DebianHK (http://www.debian.org.hk/).

Last year, DebianHK and Linuxhall (http://www.linuxhall.org/) had
organize 2 free workshops to teach people how to build a better
Chinese Free Desktop environment with Debian, Gnome, SCIM
and Firefly chinese patch. We both had agreed that SCIM is
the most suitable IMEngine for Hong Kong GNU/Linux user
among the community. In some senses, HKLUG, DebianHK
and Linuxhall will try to promote GNU/Linux desktop in Hongkong
for the coming few years and SCIM is one of the critical part.

That is the main reason why I put some times those tables. Recently,
I awared that Debian 3.1 will final soon. I consider that it will
be better for us to promote Debian and SCIM in Hong Kong if
Debian 3.1 can bundle the some important input method while it released.

Therefore, I would like to ask James is it possible to release
an version of scim-tables-zh which included the 2 tables I submit
in this few days? And Mr. Aoki or Mr. Minghua can package
it to Debian and make it promote to Sarge?

Indeed, I have 2 more input method table for Hong Kong people
would like to submit. They are CantonHK and Stroke5. Both
input method are worked or invented by some Mr. Leung King
Man and some elder people in Hong Kong voluntary and
relased in GNU GPL. CantonHK is using a different system
with current Cantonese or Jyutping input method in SCIM.
And most Hong Kong would familiar the system of
CantonHK more. Stroke5 is a simple input method based
on stroke order which target for elder and child that other
input method are too complex to them. Both input method
would help GNU/Linux users in Hong Kong a lot.

I have already port the 2 input method tables from xcin
to scim. While I seldom use the 2 input methods, I can't
confirm the 2 tables is ok. I have already ask Mr. Leung
King Man and his fellow to help me to test them. I will
submit the to james ASAP after Mr. Leung's approval and
wish them can be in Debian 3.1 also.

thanks in adv. and sorry for such a special need.

yours,

--
Roy Chan (http://xychen.org/)