[SCIM] scim freeze openoffice in Fedora core 3

Jason Zhang zhihengz@gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 18:21:50 PST 2005

I installed scim-1.1.2 (unstable) in fedora core 3, after some kind of
tweak (the correct place for gtk.immodules should
be /etc/gtk-2.0/<arch>-redhat-linux/), it works for most applications.
However my openoffice can not start any more!, it just freezed at
startup, no error messages are given. If I remove scim immodule info
from gtk.immodules and restart gnome, openoffice works fine, but scim
can not show any other input method, which make it useless. I found this
problem in scim-1.0.2 stable version too. Anybody has a workaround or
hint on this one, since it is really painful!

btw, it also cause anjuta freeze with the error of :

***glibc**** invalid pointer: xxxxxx

Here is some information:

Linux kernel: 2.6.10-1.737_FC3
OpenOffice:   1.1.2-11.5.fc3