[SCIM] (no subject)

Bruce M Beach brucembeach@shaw.ca
Tue Jan 25 09:14:54 PST 2005

Hello scim-users

I'm trying to get scim (scim-1.1.2) working but cannot get
anything to appear on the screen.  It seemed to build fine
but I'm wondering if I should be doing more than 'make
install' since the input method data doesn't seem to show up
anywhere. I tried 'make install-data'. In
/usr/local/share/scim there is just the directory 'icons'.

'scim-setup' comes up okay, but at or after the section
'GTK' there are no input method selections. 'scim-setup'
comes up in english. It did create .scim/config and
.scim/global.

When I start scim I get:
    sh-3.00# scim
    Smart Common Input Method 1.1.2
    Launching a SCIM daemon with Socket FrontEnd...
    Creating backend ...
    Starting SCIM as daemon ...
    Launching a SCIM process with x11...
    Creating backend ...
    Starting SCIM ...
    GTK Panel of SCIM 1.1.2
I also tried 'scim -f x11' just because I saw that somewhere.

I'm don't use any desktops, just fvwm. Sorry for the
elementary questions but I read chinese like a two year old.

Bruce