[stsf] STSF, XST and Xft/XST-bridge status ?

Alexander Gelfenbain Alexander.Gelfenbain at Sun.COM
Fri Jun 4 22:29:46 PDT 2004

On Jun 1, 2004, at 21:49, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Any ETA when a "useable" version of 0.9 trunk will be available ?

We hope within the next 10 days, but it's hard to say. We are working
on making sure that GNOME/Xft-bridge/STSF works as stable as possible
before announcing a stable 0.9 release.

> Did you made any tests with the KDE desktop yet
> (http://www.blastwave.org/ has KDE packages for Solaris/SPARC... but I
> am not sure right now whether they include support for Xft...) ? Some
> vendors like SuSE (or distributions like Debian, Knoppix etc.) care
> little about Gnome, but when something goes wrong with KDE they're
> faster than the light of speed to get rid of the issue...

We should, but so far we have not. That will probably happen shortly
after 0.9 release.

AG
---
Alexander Gelfenbain
User Experience / Globalization Engineering
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
+1 (408) 635-0612