[Uim] uim-prime vs. anthy (also, possible help for uim-py)

Duncan Mak duncan at ximian.com
Sat Apr 3 03:16:31 EEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 19:06, Duncan Mak wrote:
> I think this page provides a pretty good
> summary:
>
> 	http://www.honco.net/japanese/05/page3.html

Oh, one addition. I think that page over-emphasizes the difference
between southern dialects and Mandarin. Literate Chinese writers tend to
know Mandarin, or at least they know enough to use it to type. It may
not be fast, but I do think it is gaining popularity (because it is easy
to learn. Most people learn some Mandarin one way or another. To use a
stroke/structural input method, you need to spend sometime in training
to learn how to decompose the characters in the way as specified by the
input method)

Have a good weekend!

Duncan.