[Uim] uim-py: Adding idioms to PY.scm

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Wed Apr 7 18:10:23 EEST 2004

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:26:29 -0600, Jon Babcock <jon at kanji.com> wrote:

> It doesn't matter whether you use Zhuyin or Pinyin or
> Wade Giles or Yale, etc., simplified or traditional, the language we are
> trying to represent is "Mandarin".

Thank you for the explanation.  It cleared away my misconceptions.  I
thought Zhuyin and traditional characteres were only used in Taiwan...

>> But if you send me a list of pinyin and  corresponding words in a
>> spreadsheet, I think I can convert it to  TSI_PY.scm using my tool
>
> I'll do that once I convert tsi.src from Zhuyin to Pinyin.

Tabata-san says the bloated file is problematic.  If 130,000 entries are
added to PY.scm, uim might stop working...  (sigh)

Thanks again for your writings.  They are very interesting,  <rant>
included. :-)

Yukiko