[Uim] Do you plan to make uim-openoffice?

Takuro Ashie ashie at good-day.co.jp
Tue Aug 10 04:52:17 EEST 2004

Hi.

Thank you for reply.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:12:04 -0700 (PDT)
hiura at openi18n.org (Hideki Hiura) wrote:

> Yes, that's what I have refereed to during the discussion with James.

I understood it. Thanks.

> Although Philipp explained that you may use the Xlib binding for non
> GNOME desktop, you shouldn't have to use the Xlib binding once gtk+
> binding becomes very stable and available on any desktops.
> As far as gtk+ and gtk+ binding are stable and available on a particular
> platform you use, I don't see any reasons to rather choose Xlib binding.

I agree with it.

> Do you want to do something for the platforms which does not carry
> libgtk? ....if so, I am not sure if it is worth it.

I didn't assume such environment, so I'm hesitating to implement it.
Only one thing I worried is "when OOo 2.0 will be released?".
Although I know release schedule of it, I'm worried about whether truly
it is carried out as planned.
But it is a trivial problem I think.

> Although, creating the Qt binding wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also Qt binding already exist, doesn't it?:

  http://kde.openoffice.org/

But probably it doesn't support immodule for Qt yet, so we may modify
KDE vclplug to use it.

> > (I'm not sure about OOo, so I don't know whether "vcl-plugin" surely
> > solves almost all problems or not.)
>
> Do you have particular problems that you are concerned about?

No, I dont't have any other thing except about release schedule.

I'll modify our plan according to your advice.

Thanks,

--
Takuro Ashie <ashie at good-day.co.jp>