[Uim] Please review Uim Developer's Document

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Thu Jun 24 09:43:31 EEST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:30:14 +1000
Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au (Paul Hampson) wrote:

> Oh no, just as I start to work on a Blackbox helper... :-)

I don't know the case with Blackbox, if you are using fluxbox, you can
use helper application with the following steps.

1. Add "systemtray" to session.screen0.toolbar.tools: of ~/.fluxbox/init
if not exists. E.G.

session.screen0.toolbar.tools: iconbar, systemtray, clock

2. Reboot fluxbox and exec uim-helper-toolbar-gtk-systray

If you want to use uim-helper-toolbar-gtk-systray always, write down a
following line to ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession.

uim-helper-toolbar-gtk-systray &

> (Although I can understand why, since the API for the helper
> client functions is a little weird... Some functions need an
> fd, some assume it. A function for populating a local static
> buffer, and another to read it in paragraph chunks.)

I agree with you. The API is weird, even for me (designer)...

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/