[Uim] Uim defaults to pinyin

Nick sideshownick at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 10:44:09 EEST 2004

Thanks to all your help I managed to get it working
fine.

In the end I edited /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules and
moved the line
"uim-canna" "uim-canna (ja)" "gtk+" "" "ja"
to below
"uim-pinyin-big5" "uim-pinyin-big5 (*)" "gtk+" "" "*"

and changed the * to a zh_CN in the pinyin line and ja
to * in the anthy line.  Worked a treat!

also managed (finally) to set my local variables now
that I know about gdm uses ~/.profile instead of
~/.xinitrc

All I need now is to be able to use uim in kde apps
and it's perfect!

Thanks again.

=====
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in
my body.  Then I realized who was telling me this.
                -- Emo Phillips