[Uim] Re: Suggestion: Renaming new API functions

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Wed Sep 29 21:47:39 EEST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:21:23 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> I would like to rename some new API functions that you had added
> for upcoming release. Please try to understand my fearing. I'm
> sorry for too late suggestion.

I agree with you except uim_get_im_name_of_context(). Can you commit
those changes today?

>   This function name and the description in the comment
>   indicates that 'this function returns the im-name of the
>   context currently selected in the system'. But it's not
>   truth. The function performs 'returns the im-name of the
>   context PASSED AS ARGUMENT'. This difference will cause
>   serious misunderstanding to API users. In fact, I had
>   misunderstood.

I couldn't guess what is the problem here. 'in the system' or 'PASSED AS
ARGUMENT'? I need a more detailed description...

>   So I suggest an accurate name uim_get_im_name_of_context().

Because uim's input context has plural input methods (so of course
plural input method names), I opposite this function name. Anyway, I
need your blow-by-blow opinion.

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/