[Xcb] XCBShapeNotifyMask missing shape.h

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Jun 15 01:00:50 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 09:28 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> it's a number (look in shape.h of Xorg, for example).
>
> for the example:
>
>    rep_shape = XCBShapeInit(_ecore_xcb_conn);
>    if (rep_shape)
>       {
> 	 _ecore_xcb_event_shape_id = rep_shape->first_event + ShapeNotify;
> 	 free(rep_shape);
>      }

Oh. So isn't this line in XCB's shape.h what you're looking for?

        #define XCBShapeNotify 0

> well, i don't know if i have to free the reply.

XCB*Init is a thin wrapper around XCBGetExtensionData, and as the XcbApi
documentation says, you *must not* free the pointer returned from that
function.

XCB*Init is mildly deprecated, largely because it's so easy to write the
equivalent call directly to XCBGetExtensionData:

	XCBGetExtensionData(c, &XCBShapeId);

> In fact, each time I use an extension (that is, shape and sync), ecore_xcb
> bugs and I don't know why.

I think that's probably why. If it isn't, let's try to debug it.

--Jamey