hal draft spec

George jirka at 5z.com
Wed Sep 10 19:26:25 EEST 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:46:45AM +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> When that is settled, I need to tweak my prototype implementation to
> adhere to that draft spec, put in some (quick and dirty?) device-list
> format (a requirement for being useful for anyone but me), and then
> release it for public scrutiny :-)

I would try to be as un-dirty with the device-list format as possible.  All
too often do quick and dirty formats become the de-facto standard :) Although
I think in this case you don't have to get overly complex with the format as
long as it's extensible in some way.  It's really just a list of things with
a bunch of fields right?  (at least so I gather from glancing at your
proposal.)

George

--
George <jirka at 5z.com>
   You can't say civilization isn't advancing: in every war they kill you