New dbus cvs commits list

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Sep 26 22:09:25 EEST 2003

Around 20 o'clock on Sep 26, Heinrich Wendel wrote:

> Can you set up this for the complete cvs as well?

There isn't a 'complete CVS'; we've got many separate CVS trees so that
management of them is a per-project job.  In particular, the DRI project
is using freedesktop.org hosting for it's CVS and I suspect most of the
people on xdg-list would never want to monitor commits to that tree.

However, we can set up a general 'cvs-commit' list if you like and then
let each project decide whether to send commit messages to a
project-specific list or the general list.

Creating mailing lists is easy enough for anyone with sudo permissions:

	$ cd /home/mailman/bin
	$ sudo newlist
	<cut-and-paste aliases to /etc/aliases>

-keith