Security issue with .desktop files revisited

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Tue Apr 11 04:17:16 EEST 2006

All files on a FAT32 system get +x don't they? (Please check) So
.desktop files will continue to work there. With noexec I think you will
not be able to execve() the files, but information about the presence of
the +x bit should still be there. Implementations would need to be a bit
careful how they check for it.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman

It