Autostart on logout

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Mon Apr 24 02:39:43 EEST 2006

>Hi,
>
>Some people are asking for ways to start some commands on logout (like,
>eg, removing all files in a directory).
>
>Is this something that we could/should add to the autostart spec?

Possibly yes. You want to take a look at what KDE does in its startkde
script. In addition to autostart it has the option to parse scripts very
early in the startup sequence and after shutdown. We should probably
check to make sure that there aren't other mechanisms being standardized
already such as hooking additional scripts into xinit and friends. Does
anyone know if LSB coverx anything like that?

Cheers,
Waldo