Actions extensions in File Manager

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Feb 25 04:05:50 PST 2010

On Thursday 11 February 2010, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> > > Actually I implicitely supposed that all specified conditions were
> > > AND-ed. If we need OR conditions, then profiles are here for that.

Agreed.

> > If this is your purpose, the key name I think should be:
> > OnlyShowIfRegistered, OnlyShowIfTrue, and OnlyShowIfRunning.
> > For me, OR might be more useful in realworld apps.
> > Is there any real use case for AND?
>
> I even don't have any use case for any of these three keys.
> They have been almost directly copied from KDE :)

As I mentionned when suggesting these keys, the use case for ShowIfRegistered
is "Add To PlayList", e.g. you want RMB on a mp3 file to show "Add to Amarok
playlist" if amarok is currently running, but not if it's not.

And you have a use case for ShowIfTrue in the spec already: "if .svn subdir
exists".

IMHO the conditions are "AND"-ed. Any condition that doesn't pass disqualifies
the action. That's how it's currently implemented, too ;)

> As keys are AND-ed, I think 'Only' is superfluous, say verbose ?
> OnlyShowIn is the only exception because of its presence in DES.
> All other condition keys might also be readen as 'Only-something'

Agreed.