[Xlibs] freedesktop, Xfree86 and Xdamage

amol kailash amolkailashc@hotmail.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:28:32 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C3D5E2.EDC82D30

Hi,
     All you experts out there, I need some help with the basics of =
freedesktop and xfree86. I am in need of something like whats being =
tried out in the Xdamage project of freedesktop.org .

     what do i have to do to try it out on my redhat 9 box ? do i have =
to replace the entire X system and compile + install everything from the =
freedesktop cvs/snapshots ?=20

      how exactly is freedesktop related to xfree86 ? all the talk about =
some packages by freedesktop becoming defacto standards and some on the =
way are confusing me. how are the x strike force, and debian linux =
related to this free desktop initiative ?
would anyone be kind enough to clarify ?

thanks a mil
'j'

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C3D5E2.EDC82D30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" =
size=3D2>Hi,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All you=20
experts out there, I need some help with the basics of freedesktop and =
xfree86.=20
I am in need of something like whats being tried out in the Xdamage =
project of=20
freedesktop.org .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; what =
do i have=20
to do to try it out on my redhat 9 box ? do i have to replace the entire =
X=20
system and compile + install everything from the freedesktop =
cvs/snapshots ?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" =
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; how=20
exactly is freedesktop related to xfree86 ? all the talk about some =
packages by=20
freedesktop becoming defacto standards and some on the way are confusing =

me.&nbsp;how&nbsp;are the x strike force, and debian linux&nbsp;related =
to this=20
free desktop initiative ?<BR>would anyone be kind enough to clarify=20
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>thanks a=20
mil<BR>'j'</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C3D5E2.EDC82D30--