[Xorg] tinderbox lite

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sun Aug 1 10:53:40 PDT 2004

Having watched a few tinderboxs  for a few days now, I see that they use
considerable resources: cpu, disk access and internet bandwidth.

The bandwidth issue is causing me to take down my boxes during business hours.
The cpu usage prevents me from running on anything but a dedicated box.
The disk access makes me hesitant to recommend others join in.

So if I could get a version that would
A) not whack the tree before each run
B) Throttle the downloads
C) wait for a change to be posted before doing a CVS pull.  This one will be a
bit harder to implement - not sure if it is worth the trouble: checking
timestamps on 6400 .c files, and then having make do its thing on 30,000 files
takes a hit even if there isn't anything to do.

Make the process a bit less resource intensive and I can put a few more boxes on
line.

Carl K

http://www.personnelware.com/carl/resume.html