[Xorg] Debrix troubles on Linux/ppc

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at engr.sgi.com
Mon Aug 2 09:19:42 PDT 2004

On Friday, July 30, 2004 5:38 am, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 18:14 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > >
> > > It looks like part of the config is working, but some of it is broken:
> > >
> > > jbarnes at mill:~/working/debrix--devel--0.1--patch-11$ grep -r ENDIAN
> > > include/* include/config.h:#define WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1
> > > include/config.h:#define X_BYTE_ORDER X_LITTLE_ENDIAN
> > > include/config.h.in:#undef WORDS_BIGENDIAN
> > > include/debrix.h:#define WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1
> > > include/debrix.h:#define X_BYTE_ORDER X_LITTLE_ENDIAN
> > > include/servermd.h:#if defined(__BIG_ENDIAN__)
> >
> > After fixing these up by hand, things get a little further--the server
> > hangs right after loading the vgahw module.
>
> I guess that needs more endianness/powerpc specific fixing.
>
> What about the fbdev driver?

After fixing configure.ac to generate the right define for X_BYTE_ORDER with a
fix something like (sorry I don't have the real patch handy, it's at home):

-AC_C_BIGENDIAN
+AC_C_BIGENDIAN([ENDIAN=X_BIG_ENDIAN],[ENDIAN=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN])

the ati driver behaves the same as the fbdev driver.  The server starts and
the screen turns black, and then hangs.  I haven't debugged it further.

Thanks,
Jesse