[Xorg] Composite and ABI stability

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Aug 6 13:12:51 PDT 2004

Around 20 o'clock on Aug 6, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

> #ifdef COMPOSITE
>     unsigned long	alphaMask;
>     int			offsetAlpha;
> #endif

I didn't remember this part of the work.  It's really not necessary part
of the Composite implementation, it's only used to 'kludge' the color
lookup code in colormap.c to return colors with alpha bits already set to
one.

We can easily fix this by having the colormap code call directly into the
composite extension and get the appropriate values for "non-core" visuals.

I'll see about fixing this after I get trapezoids integrated into CVS.

-keith