using tinderbox (was Re: [Xorg] Debian/unstable tinderbox)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Aug 6 23:30:26 PDT 2004

Answering some of my own questions below:

> The webpage says "Once you have found that your tinderbox is working, you
> can change the tree from 'Test' to 'XMonolithic' in run-client.sh"
>
> How do you know the tinderbox is working? How do I know when to change
> from "Test" to "XMonolithic"?
>
> I did look at the
> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/tinderbox3/showbuilds.pl?tree=Test webpage
> but I don't have any idea what this means.

I guess I found that in the "Show Log" where it said:

 TINDERBOX FINISHED (SUCCESS) RUNNING 'make World' Sat, 07 Aug 2004
 04:38:42 GMT

> Will it ("Test") stop? Or does it run forever?

I guess it does continue to run. I see it started again.

I have now changed to do the "XMonolithic" instead of the "Test". I am
still curious about the following:

> Also, the TinderboxWiki webpage says "Once a day ... the entire directory
> is deleted and the files checked out fresh".
>
> Is there a way to skip that? I'd rather not download files again and again
> ... Isn't "cvs up -dP" good enough?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/