[Xorg] Xorg tinderbox status

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Mon Aug 9 10:59:49 PDT 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>
> > * 6 machines are present in Tinderbox currently; this is down from the
> >   dozen or so we had last week.  It looks like we lost several over the
> >   weekend, although don't know why.  We may need a signup sheet for
> >   Tinderbox volunteers who will be committing to providing tinderbox
> >   service so we can contact them if the machine goes away.
>
> I took my NetBSD down. Before I got started I didn't realize that it would
> run continuously. I'd prefer to have it not refetch all code from scratch
> but to do a "cvs up -dP" instead. And I don't want it rebuilding over and
> over again. Oce I look at the configs/code, I will re-add my tinderbox
> client build under NetBSD so it only builds once per day.

*Nod* Understood.  I've been poking around to find out more about
options like these.  On brief look at the code it appears pretty
configurable, although the process needs to be sorted out and
documented.  We may not have an ideal solution figured out for this
prior to the release, though.

> > * Tests worth people running right now
> >    + xfw4
>
> What is xfw4? (A quick google search didn't find it.)

I may not have the name right; Jim's mentioned this several times.

> >    + x11perf
> >    + rendertest.
>
> Can these be automated?

Jim indicated that he thought they could, and should.  I don't know if
anyones looked into them recently though.

Thanks,
Bryce