[Xorg] Release name and snapshot testing

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Tue Aug 10 17:20:23 PDT 2004

This morning the X.Org BOD approved the X11R6.8 name for the upcoming
release.

The CVS tree has been tagged with the XORG-6_7_99_1 snapshot tag.  These
snapshot tags (XORG-6_7_99_n where n is the snapshot number) are
intended for people testing the release and for people packaging the
release.  We expect that there will be several snapshot tags as bugs are
fixed before the code freeze (scheduled for Friday).

At this time, we ask everyone begin fully testing the release.  The
sooner that we can get people testing, the sooner that we can find and
fix the remaining bugs and get the release out.

Detailed test instructions have been added to the release status wiki
page:

    http://wiki.freedesktop.org/XOrg/XorgReleaseStatus

After testing, please send your test reports here to the xorg at fdo list,
and I will update the release status matrix.

Thanks!