[Xorg] Support of ancient servers in Xorg tree?

Tue Aug 17 09:45:01 PDT 2004

I'm not sure I want to claim any ownership or responsibility for the hw/sun
tree.  The only cards listed in the README that I even know where to find are
the cg6 series, and those have a directory under hw/xfree86/drivers already.
Sun/4 is definitely the only hardware platform listed there we still have,
none of the Sun/2, Sun/3 or Sun386i hardware.  Unless someone wants to step
up and volunteer, I can't see continuing to support it.

Since we're so close to the 6.8 release, I think the best solution for that
is to release note the lack of support and change the default for Solaris/SPARC
builds to build Xorg instead of Xsun (a one-line change to the svr4.cf file).

	-alan-

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com