[Xorg] Nvidia testing on SuSE 9.1.

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Thu Aug 26 17:01:09 PDT 2004

OK, Keith helped me figure out why I was losing with 3D.

So I can report that composite works very nicely (acceptable
performance) with the nvidia binary driver in widespread distribution
on SuSE 9.1, with render acceleration enabled.

And I'm happily able to run glxgears and, more importantly,
Quake 3 demo fine.

This is a relief, as we were worried something might have broken
the binary interface.

I'll try Andy's RandR driver tomorrow if I have time (not clear).
                                    - Jim