[Xorg] XDrawArc

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jul 6 22:35:00 PDT 2004

Around 23 o'clock on Jul 6, "Francisco Afonso" wrote:

> I have some questions about XDrawArc:

You're brave for even attempting to use it...

> a) What maximum values are accepted for origin coordinates and diameter?

The representation of coordinates and bounding box is limited to 16 bits,
signed in the case of coordinates and unsigned in the case of the bounding
box.

> b) Is it possible to crash the client/server for large values (e.g. stack
> overflow)?

No, the server should never crash.  It may fail to draw anything if it
runs out of memory (in which case a BadAlloc should be returned).  Any
crash should be considered a bug.

> c) Does it use recursion?

I've never implemented arcs using recursion; I can't think of any obvious
reason one would do so.

-keith