[Xorg] Xt 0.1.5 support for buttons 6 & 7

sand at blarg.net sand at blarg.net
Wed Jul 7 21:10:21 PDT 2004

Back in June, Carlos Romero mentioned that he would soon commit a
patch to support buttons 6 and 7 in the XServer tree (although he
seems to have forgotten about it, based on the CVS repository):

  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-June/000826.html

Two levels up, Xt 0.1.5 is also missing support for buttons 6 and 7.
I'd like to use them for CLIPBOARD copy and paste in xterm, so I've
written a patch against libXt-0.1.5 and xproto-6.6.2 to support them.
When I compile xterm-191 against the resulting libraries (on XFree86
4.3.0) it works as expected: I can create working translation bindings
for them in my X resources.

What's the next/first step in getting this fix applied to the
X Libraries sources?

Thanks,

Derek

--
Derek Upham
sand at blarg.net

"Ha!  Your Leaping Tiger Kung Fu is no match for my Frightened Piglet style!"