[Xorg] Re: X on OpenGL

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 16:21:14 PDT 2004

On Maw, 2004-07-13 at 23:20, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > We have cyberblade docs. We have enough info to do a bad older Nvidia
> > (enough to be useful for 2D use of 3D). We have Cirrus docs, we have
> > siliconmotion (I think), we have S3.
>
> Yes, we have SMI docs, there's links on the DRI wiki.  And there's still an nv
> driver sitting in UtahGLX that needs to get ported to DRI.

Yep. I'm still working on debugging the 6326 port - I've got what look
like garbage co-ordinates although I suspect in the changes to vertex
buffer handling I've simply screwed the vertex stuff up in the port.

I'm still hopeful that a combination of that code, the sis kernel module
and some clear docs on which few pieces to swap will give us a basis for
a "fill in the blanks" driver for the dumb end of the graphics market -
which will matter for 2D using 3D X. These early cards are all much
alike to some level - textures in frame buffer or sometimes AGP space,
similar management needs, no DMA queues instead you what registers each
triangle.