[Xorg] GTK 1.x + TTF on Fedora Core 2 anyone?

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Thu Jul 15 17:13:46 PDT 2004

Hi all,

please apologize if this is not the right place to ask this.

I have recently upgraded from Fedora Core 1 to FC2, and I can't seem to
be able to use TTF with GTK 1.x apps anymore -- fonts are listed by
xlsfonts, but they appear ugly. Compare the results:

http://gwpr03.microlink.com.br/~acosta/Sylpheed-FC1.png
http://gwpr03.microlink.com.br/~acosta/Sylpheed-FC2.png

(former shows proper Verdana font rendering, latter shows weird
rendering)

Font used is:

-microsoft-verdana-medium-r-normal-*-*-90-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1

Please refer to the original post on Fedora ML for further info about
the installation/setup:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-July/msg02895.html

TIA

Andre

PS: MS TTF appear just fine on GTK2 apps.

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa