[Xorg] How's it building?

Thu Jul 15 21:07:20 PDT 2004

Eric Anholt wrote:
> - It would be nice to assign bugs to folks if it's not too hard to find
> the guilty party (me).

I put you on the cc list, but wasn't sure if I should just outright assign
it to you.

> - It would be nice if more committers were committing their patches.
> Often when browsing bugs I say, "but the submitter is a committer, why
> don't they do it themselves?

I didn't commit this fix since I didn't have the hardware to verify I wasn't
breaking the driver, and don't have enough experience with the drivers & DRI
to feel comfortable checking in changes without testing or review.   In areas
of the code I'm more familiar with, or when it's fairly obvious the fix is
correct, I generally do commit my fixes.  Perhaps if we started more actively
using the "request review" feature in the new bugzilla version we could get
past this hurdle.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com