[Xorg] tinderbox - usefull?

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Tue Jul 27 13:51:13 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 16:13, Carl Karsten wrote:
> So my 3 boxes have been buzzing away...
>
> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/tinderbox3/showbuilds.pl?tree=Test
>
> cfk, cfk, mdk
>
> glad to see the cygwin one has lots of green - seems like a good thing.
>
> Apparently the other two are on fire.  not sure if that is a good thing.
>
> Should they be under Test or XMonolithic?

Test is intended for testing tinderbox.

When we're set to test modular builds, we should make another tinderbox.

> Should I be doing something about the red?

Go look at the logs that have been uploaded, and fix bugs :-).

> What is the proper way to take one off line?

One logs in as administrator, and messes with that one (for example,
if it is never going to reappear, deleting it entirely).

Note that various options can be passed from the tinderbox server
to the clients (so, for example, you can tell it to build a branch
of CVS, rather than head).

On the client side, you just kill the client...
                       - Jim