Mirroring xorg and rsync

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Tue Nov 2 02:33:17 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:28:48PM +0200, Ely Levy wrote:
> I wanted to create an israeli mirror of xorg,
> How is the mirroring proccess go?Should I mirror it directly from x.org
> or is there some tier stracture?
> And most importantly is there a rsync mirror of xorg?

A CVS mirror?  I believe we might have cvsup, but right now, the only
CVS mirrors I know of are private ones (I run rsync over SSH to get a
local copy, for one).

I think fd.o has pretty significant bandwidth, and we'd probably only
want anoncvs mirrors if there were significant issues, because they can
often become desynced, run out of space, etc, etc, and they are rather
problematic to manage properly.

> (thought: what about web mirrors of x.org?)

Since that lives on Open Group machines rather than fd.o, it's out of my
hands, I'm afraid.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>