Xgl server

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Fri Nov 5 21:12:25 PST 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 21:00, Owen Taylor wrote:
> One other question that comes to mind: presumably, accelerated indirect
> rendering is still at least a minor goal. Is implementing that on top of
> EGL going to be feasible, or would you need something that mapped to GLX
> in a literal one-to-one sense, but didn't use the Xlib types?

It's a pretty major goal for me, I've been working on cleaning and formalizing
the DRI driver to libGL interface for a week or three now.  The DRI drivers
(with one or two exceptions) are already largely Xlib-independent, thanks to
Jon and Ian.  The server is still going to need to know how to marshall GLX
between the wire and the driver, so the libglx component in the server is
still valuable.  At this point all that's really left is finishing unifying
the drivers and libGL between X and Solo, and tweaking libglx to talk to DRI
drivers instead of libGLcore.

Hopefully I'll get a few more free days in the near future to get this
hammered out.

- ajax