Radeon 9200 hangs: How to debug?

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Nov 10 01:05:33 PST 2004

Hi,

(repost, due to new mail address subscription)

Johan Eriksson wrote:
> Debug X by logging in with ssh and run it in gdb.
>
> When the other computer freezes just press Control-C in gdb and type bt
> to get the stacktrace.
> It's even better if you compiled X with debugging information then you
> can move around in the callstack and
> print the variables used.

At least in my case the whole box freezes, so no ssh anymore ...

So you can just try instrumenting any radeon functions and see where the
log stops (poor man's debugging) or try if the box is enough alive to
use a kernel debugger - but as it looks the readon chip leaves the wohle
pci bus locked without a possibility to continue execution.

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             +49 (0)30  255 897 45