Xorg startup process in source code tree???

Sergei Mutovkin msergei at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:33:52 PST 2004

>try: X -br

Well.. that's might partially solve grey screen problem, but I really
need it to be some specific color which will be used later on
(#3A6EA5)...

> You should be able to control this in your xorg.conf file and the
> modline settings. Try setting the vertical/horizontal refresh rates
> manually to disable DDC.

That's my Monitor part of Xorg, this is for LCD screen connected via
LDVS (digital):

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        DisplaySize  210 158
        HorizSync 48
        VertRefresh 60
#       HorizSync 45-51
#       VertRefresh 54-75
        Modeline "1024x768"   65.00  1024 1048 1184 1344  768 771 777
806 -hsync -vsync
EndSection

>You should put your preferred theme in ~/.icons/default/ and X will load that.

Well.. I don't have "preferred theme" :( I have to enable or disable
(i.e. use transparent) mouse cursor depending on whether or not mouse
is connected. Now i do it through script overwriting
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons/default/index.theme (for some reason local
.Xresources is ignored after being xrdb merged :( )...

>Have you tried the fbdev driver with a configuration that prevents any
>of the modes built into the X server from being selected? It should mode
>fall back to the console mode in that case.

Framebuffer must not be used by anything once system is loaded in our
case! TimeSys Linux kernel (at least 2.4.{18,21} branch) behaves
strangely in term of real-time performance when framebuffer is used.

> Maybe X -fc is useful for that, dunno.

Unfortunately I can't find any cursor font with transparent
elements... and I don't know how to modify one on my own, so themes is
my only choice.

Thank you Mikael, Anton and Michel for replies..

Sergei