More MMX

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Fri Nov 12 12:20:53 PST 2004

Recently I have been fooling around with the compositing manager in
the metacity window manager. To get reasonable performance I had to
disable all acceleration to get pixmaps allocated in system
memory. Otherwise, reading pixels from the framebuffer made dragging
translucent windows around too painful.

Of course, while better than the pixmaps-in-vmem case, some operations
became really slow, so here is a patch that speeds up the software
implementations of the CopyArea and "Translucent Window" operations.

Unless people see something wrong with it, I'll commit it to HEAD in a
few days.

Søren