Xserver compile issues (and some more things)

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Sat Nov 20 00:15:28 PST 2004

Hi all,

I would like to get a bit deeper into the Xserver than just looking
onto it's page, however, while (still) trying to compile the sources
completely (meanwhile: by creating some distribution build files
for it) I constantly run into errors:

First, as already mentioned before in the list, it didn't find
internal/glcore.h. I fixed that be taking the files from Xorg's
mesa (as told) and hard copied them into my /opt/Xserver/include/GL.

It shall be added a configure.ac-level check on the existence of these
include files or be distributed with the Xserver itself. Though, if not
found, ./configure shall abort with an error then.

The next problem I ran in, was, that GL_FOG_COORD_FOO seems not to be
the right define as they're seem to be GL_FOG_COORDINATE_FOO.
This part GL/glx/singlesize.c. Fix available at [1].

Another fix (I maybe noted earlier) for render.c is available at [2].

Actually, I run into multiple missing headers in GL/mesa because I
didn't checkout the new Mesa module from CVS. I got one from rsync.

configure.ac shall reall check the validity on the --with-mesa=DIR
contents. Even if not specified (as it has a default path). It shall
also abort here on error.

Mesa/src/mesa/glapi/glthread.h:197 does include "Xthreads.h". It shall be
<X11/Xthreads.h> AFAIK. A workaround is to set explicitely C[XX]FLAGS to
"-I$prefix/include/X11" wich rather looks ugly than eye-candy.

Winhelp.c seems to be in Xorg's CVS repository but is not in Xserver's
xlibs/Xdmcp. Are there any reasons for this?

DEC_XTRAPInit cannot be resolved in when building Xserver
as it is used when --enable-xtrap is specified.

Xorg (xc) knows about this symbol as it is defined in
    xc/programs/Xserver/XTrap/xtrapdi.c

I finally had to --disable-xglserver, --disable-xglxserver and
--disable-glx (just any sort of GL) because there have been errors I
couldn't fix and I can't remember now (I've a too long uptime ;)

I got the snapshot ready to be executed. I tested it with
 Xnest :1 -geometry 800x600
this worked fine as long as no client connects to it. it aborted.

Regards,
Christian Parpart.

[1] http://subversion.trapni-akane.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/overlay/x11-base/Xserver/files/10_all_glx-fog-coord-fix.patch?rev=11&view=auto
[2] http://subversion.trapni-akane.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/overlay/x11-base/Xserver/files/10_all_render-compile-fix.patch?rev=11&view=auto

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 02:24:49 up 21 days, 18:54,  1 user,  load average: 0.25, 0.28, 0.27