xf86CheckBeta() and friends

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Tue Nov 23 18:33:15 PST 2004

Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is xf86CheckBeta() something we want to keep around?  In other words, do
> we want to release self-imploding binaries ever again, or could
> common/xf86Beta.c, xf86Version.h and xf86GetVersion() be removed?

The general consensus from this thread seems to be that we do not want
to publish self expiring binaries in the futures, and I didn't see any
objections.  I checked in a patch to remove xf86Beta.c and all
references to the binary expiry functionality.  xf86Version.h and
xf86GetVersion() are still in there to preserve binary compatibility.

cheers,
Kristian