R7.0: missing xterm and libdrm, and version numbers

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Aug 10 12:27:44 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 11:20, Detlef Vollmann wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > I just hadn't uploaded it to the extras stash yet, but
> >
> > http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.html
> >
> > has been the canonical upstream source for it for years now.
>
> So, xterm will end up in 'extras' and not in 'apps'?

For 7.0, yes.  Thomas has been doing a fine job of maintaining it externally,
and there's no reason for us to duplicate that effort and introduce
unnecessary skew (and probably our own set of bugs too).  6.9 will still
include it under xc/programs/xterm though, and we'll import a new version
there before release (#200 sounds like it's recommended at this time).

I've uploaded xterm-200.tgz to the extras stash now.

- ajax