Xgl/Xegl future?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sun Aug 21 17:26:54 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 10:11 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> (for example running two glxgears shows obvious scheduling issues)...

Actually, I think the problem there is that we rely on the process
scheduler to sort out who gets the lock after contention. AFAICT it
would be possible to share the lock in a perfect round robin manner
between processes. The drawback of that might be excessive context
restoring overhead though.

Also, Xgl per se will have zero impact on this specific case with direct
rendering. And even indirect rendering won't guarantee that the GLX
requests are processed evenly between clients, will it?